Blain LLC | Trial Attorneys is presently seeking a Paralegal/Legal Assistant II to work on catastrophic and serious injury cases from intake through trial.
Job Type: Full-time
Required Education: Bachelor’s OR Paralegal Certificate
Required Experience: 5 years
We are looking for a smart, driven, self starter who can work independently and as a team player.
Required qualifications are a BA/BS degree or a certificate from an accredited paralegal program and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a civil litigation law firm environment.
The candidate must have excellent computer, communication, proofreading and organizational skills.
Job duties include intake of new personal injury cases, drafting pleadings, responding to and propounding discovery, reviewing and summarizing medical and employment records, setting depositions, maintaining the attorney’s calendar and transcribing settlement demands.
Candidate must be able to work independently and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
A working knowledge of state and federal court procedure, experience in civil litigation, trial preparation, medical and employment record review and summaries and experience with document-intensive litigation is required.
The Paralegal/Legal Assistant II will perform some or all of the following duties:
- Following established guidelines, gathers, prepares, summarizes relevant materials for use by attorneys in preparation of opinions, briefs and other legal documents; summarizes depositions and other transcripts.
- Maintains case files; performs simple legal research;
- Indexes, tracks and controls exhibits and other materials at depositions and at trial;
- Assists attorneys in courtroom and prepare exhibit cross references.
- Screen documents for relevance and privilege according to established guidelines and criteria.
- Performs initial compilation of documents for FOIA or production requests, subject to review by superiors and trial staff.
- Perform miscellaneous errands, such as carrying mail to and from the post office and sorting opening incoming and outgoing mail.
- Provide additional legal and administrative support functions as assigned.
- Some “day travel” may be required to nearby locations.
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills.
- BA/BS OR Paralegal Certificate
- Five (5) years of experience in legal environment.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
- Position may require the ability to move about inside an office setting to access files, office machinery, etc as well as operate a computer.
- May require the ability to move files/boxes up to 25 pounds.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Blain LLC’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
To apply, email resume and salary requirements with subject line “Paralegal/Legal Assistant II” to email@example.com.
OR complete the form below.